Friday, September 11, 2020

Summer 2020 (was totally weird).

I don't really know how to sum up our summer. It was super weird and stressful and I didn't take a lot of photos. I left my job at Cigna to take a leadership role with People Inc. and 2 weeks later the world had a pandemic. Bowie was sent home for distance learning and I tried to help him out and do my job. In the midst of that we bought a house. The process of selling our home was super stressful and the process of moving into the new home was also stressful. So then we moved and a couple of days later the riots/protests following the murder of George Floyd added a new layer of anxiety to our lives. I realized that my new job with People Inc. wasn't going so well and transitioned back to Cigna, this time in a role on the Autism Team. We tried our best this summer but we really missed our friends and our usual summer activities. We love our new home and neighborhood and neighbors and mourn what Covid and civil unrest has done to our world. I only hope that positive change can come from what we've been through and been exposed to. Here's hoping! We're also extremely thankful for our family who helped us through everything and whom we got to spend extra time with this summer. I don't know what we would have done without them. Also here are a few photos from the summer. 
We moved! We love our new house sososoososooooo much. 
Bowie has great neighborhood buddies. 

Our new neighbors do cool fun stuff like backyard yoga, happy hours and movie nights. 
Bowie turned 6!!!!!!!!
This backyard pool SAVED our summer. 
We spent lots of time with family. 
The cat wrecked my face. 
Bowie lost his first tooth. And then another one. 
We went to the cabin and swam there and around town as much as humanly possible. 



We even visited a waterfall and went behind it and swam in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment