Thursday, April 18, 2019

Life Lately

Josh and I have had lots of changes over the past 6 months. Most significantly we both took new jobs. These news jobs have meant different hours for both of us, a different daily schedule for Bowie, new insurance, changes to our finances and long term investments and, most notably, I don't work in a school any more so we need more help caring for Bowie on his days off. Josh loves his job at Studio On Fire and it seems like a perfect fit for him both personally and professionally. I'm adjusting to my new role at Cigna and despite some growing pains I feel it's been a positive change. I've enjoyed my new schedule because it allows me to avoid rush hour traffic and pick up Bowie and get to enjoy more of the evening. It's also provided more income, which we've enjoyed. Cube life is hard for me and the work itself is challenging. It's also led me to think a lot about my priorities in life. It would be great to find the perfect job that would support my perfect personal life but I'm not sure that's possible. It's been interesting to struggle with work and go home and feel more safe and relaxed than I ever have before. Since I took this job to allow me more freedom in my personal life it puts pressure on me to actually live my best life. I'm trying to focus on self care and building some fun into my work day. One effort to support self care is that I'm hoping to take advantage of working in front of screens all day by updating the blog more. It gets me in touch with the fun things I do in life and considering all that we've scheduled to look forward to this summer I think there should be a lot to blog about. The above picture of me in my cube accurately depicts my feelings about my work space. Anyways, I think it will be good for my brain to back off of social media and instead post here. More to come, including updates related to turning 35 in a couple of weeks which feels like a total adult milestone.

No comments:

Post a Comment