Thursday, February 22, 2018

My dad retired and we went skiing in Wisconsin




That's right. My old dad retired. We celebrated with a big family dinner at Surly Brewery which was awesome. There were giant pretzels and beer for all!




The real party was a week later when we took our annual Witt-Blue-Bachman sleep away ski trip. This time we stayed on Turtle Lake and skiied in Cumberland. I think it was our best cabin yet. We enjoyed excellent food and drink, lounging, ping pong, bumper pool and watching some netflix. Bowie mostly enjoyed running. Non stop.
Grandma and Grandpa brought lots of fun projects like slime.


Running: Action shot.




Josh in the weird indoor sauna.
Big muscles opening his popper.
We also made it out for some winter appreciation- a walk on the ice and skiing. Bowie did not want to be in the ski pulk so he had to go back to the warming house and got the award for shortest ski ever. He also spent time on our ice walk hiding under the sled and pooping.









Super beautiful and relaxing getaway with some of my favorite people. I can confirm that my dad is an expert at being retired.


No comments:

Post a Comment