Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Bowie Bachman: 1 year




At 1 year...

MILESTONES: Has 6 teeth, is pointing, smashed his first birthday cake, says "mama", "dada" or "daddy", "cat", "duck", "chicken" and "cherry", can identify his nose and teeth
LIKES: Summer, snuggling and giving kisses, remote controls and cell phones, the TV show 'Daniel the Tiger', anything with wheels, the tickle monster, cherries and watermelon
DISLIKES: When mom and dad go to work, not being able to drink coffee, beer or La Croix

Here are some photos from my birthday party..






We had a great day for Bowie's birthday. We hosted a backyard party for friends and family. All the grandparents were able to attend as well as about 35 other folks. Bowie had a special tiny bundt cake to smash but of course he was very careful with it. Afterwards he swam naked in the pool with his buddies. It was a success. I only wish I would have taken more photos but we were so busy having fun.

Being Bowie's mommy is the absolute best thing that's ever happened to me. I feel happiness I've never known before. I cherish every second I get to be with Bowie. I feel so lucky that he's everything I hoped our child would be and more. He's funny, brave, kind, gentle, social, aware, curious, calm and has great style. I feel the heart break of preparing him to go into the world but I am so totally proud to say he's my family. I am in awe of all the growing he's done this past year! From our helpless and tiny little skinny frog legged baby with tubes in his nose in the Special Care Unit to the big chunky baby who laughs at me when I tell him to be careful as he is attempting to stand and dance by himself. When he looks at me and says "mama" I know I will forever be (happily) at his disposal. I love you little buns buns! Thank you for growing in my belly and making your Daddy and I a family with you. We are better people because of you and only hope that we can teach you all the ways to adventure with happiness in this world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment