Monday, May 25, 2015

Book Review: Another Bullshit Night in Suck City: Nick Flynn


Great title; good book. This was a quick read but I don't recommend it if you're looking for something uplifting. This is the true story of a dude who works at a homeless shelter who gets to know his dad when he shows up looking for a bed. Of course that's a very brief synopsis and a lot more happens. Very creatively written. I didn't mind the depressing content or the unanswered questions about the way our communities provide for people in need because I wrestle with these questions all the time. I think I liked this book because it was comforting to agree with somebody about all the things that don't make sense and how to deal with that. I liked the beginning of this book better than the end where I felt like he got a bit rambley. Good book but not great.

No comments:

Post a Comment