Saturday, January 3, 2015

Stitch Fix



I just got my third Stitch Fix in the mail and I wanted to share about it because it's been a really fun experience. Stitch fix is an online personal shopping service. I decided to try it out after I gave birth because I needed help finding some new clothes that felt flattering on my post-baby body. The service costs $20 but if you decide to keep any of the clothing then that $20 is credited towards your purchase. If you don't like anything then you're out $20. I filled out an extensive "style survey" on the Stitch Fix website and was then able to write about my clothing needs. For me, I mentioned that I live in Minnesota so I need warm clothing that I can wear to work but also out on the town. I wrote that I was looking for clothing that would fit my body as it (hopefully) continues to shrink from pregnancy. I mentioned that I like shopping at places like Madewell and J.Crew and that my "style muse" is Michelle Williams. I was also able to link my pinterest board to give some example of style that I like.


This is my third Fix. As you can see above, my stylist creates a package with 5 items in it. She sends a note about why I the items were chosen as well as examples of how each item is styled. All of the items are in a price range of about $40-$80, although you can choose whichever price point you like. In addition you can request to get jewelry, outerwear and handbags- although I have only requested clothing.


I kept 3 of the 5 items in this Fix. First I will show you the losers:


I did not keep this stripe top. At first I really liked it but once I put it on it was no good. I can see why my stylist chose it because I've mentioned a million times how much I love stripes but the crop of the shirt and the baggy style was not flattering on me.



I also did not keep this polka dot blouse. I really loved the shirt. This picture fails to show the gold buttons going up the back. It was well constructed and totally my style but unfortunately it was too small. I almost couldn't get it over my head and it was way to tight across my bust and tummy (which I'm not fond of showing off right now). Back it went.

Here are the winners!


These jeans are amazing! It is so rare that jeans fit me in both the length and the waist and these are right on. They are dark skinnies with a nice amount of stretch and c'mon they make my butt look great. These are probably my favorite pair of jeans ever. I'm psyched.



I also kept this oversized cable cardigan. It super warm and I can see myself wearing it quite often in the winter. I'm also a sucker for anything with pockets and longer length sleeves. It's a good one.



The last item I kept is this gray knit sweater. As you can see it covers my bum so I imagine wearing it with leggings and it's just about the softest sweater of all time.

I've already scheduled my next Fix and I highly recommend it. Below is the link to the Stitch Fix website along with my referral code. If you use this link and decide to try Stitch Fix then I get a credit of $25 towards my next Fix so it's a win-win. If you try it out I'd love to hear about your experience.

https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3490214

No comments:

Post a Comment